2016SciencePoster

So Richard (Director of BrightonScience) won't know the festival's dates until the last fortnight before it begins.  Although it's against my better judgement, he does insist on having my photoshop file well in advance, therefore I needed to simplify the file's layers and trust he maintains the integrity of my design ...


... I provided 2 separate layers above the background layer, one holds the info as rendered layout but without date-numbers and the other holds only numbers (zero to nine) so now he can select whatever days-of-the-months that become applicable and drag those into position nearer panic time.

I also made a version for my desktop.  Ideal backdrop for your icons! you're free to download and apply ...
(intended for non-commercial use only)

How did I respond to the festival 2016 theme; JOURNEYS.  The idea came while googling 'mission to mars', eventually came across these two -

The sunlight cast similar shadow in both photos so making my photoshopping task easier to plonk Brighton's iconic dome building on top.  After some warping and blending I'd thus created a quite believable Domed-habitat!  Looked pretty neat too with the replacement decals added.  Richard approved my concept so then I found a real Martian terrain for it to sit on, then had to make up a pinky purple martian sky with a Dust-devil, then tweaked colours etc etc and finally added a Lensflair filter.

Also part of this project was to provide small-ads and these two banners -
brightonscience.com's site banner
Brighton Science facebook page banner

One day Others will journey from halfway across the Universe to add their footprint and take a selfy.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.