Science poster2017

The brief for the Brighton Science Festival poster was a brainstorming session with its Director: Richard Robinson. ''I want to see lots of steam,'' he said.  I hadn't quite cottoned on.  He continued, ''...because the theme will be S.T.E.A.M educational subjects - Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths and can you possibly do a picture like Heath Robinson's Incredible Contraptions, would be great.''  Next day I showed him a couple of loose concepts with a follow-up chat on the phone.  He preferred that I develop the boiler idea -
Final art deadline was brought forward unexpectedly by a whole week!  I kept him abreast of daily progress -
''More steam please jim,'' he said (I am but a tool.)  Here's the result -
And here's some detail portions -
Richard phoned saying, ''...need the photoshop file right-away!''  So I provided the file next morning with the steam puffs on separate layers for him to easily flower-arrange layouts and crop to the various proportions as required dimensions for small-ads.

Can only wonder how my artwork will look.


.

2 comments:

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.