Runner Up again!


My design for The Warren's 2020 festival brochure -





Their full Brief here but in short they wanted something bold, colourful that
conveys the festy's spirit, and also include a depiction of their entrance signage.  So I consulted that internet for inspiration to come up with the artwork.  Here's some close-ups -


It's vector art with an overlay pixel-image of grit-texture manipulated so looks blockprinted in a subtle way, well that's the effect I was aiming for.

Also made a Local-Map intended for their inside back page.  Though wasn't part of the Brief, was anyway the opportunity to show-off me skills -


The Map started life as screengrabbed google-map sections stitched together in photoshop for use as template for tracing over streets in adobe's Illustrator program, then brought that back into ph' for texturing-up and skewing the angle and adding the venue's location as indicated by their bunny logo popping out of its burrow!


Turnaround time was 2 weeks for both pics - as I only sighted their tweet announcing the call for submissions prior to deadline then.  Well, my presentation pdf was their Runner-Up!  Not for the first time, I was their runner-up for the commission last year too! which is Nice but adds up to 1600 fictional quid abducted by aliens.  There y'go.

----------------------

Other news
I've bolstered my Wiredsussex Profile since they revamped their platform so please check me out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments go live after i check its not a spam, so give it a little time.